How do I make an appointment?
All patients require an appointment in order to be seen by a doctor. One of our friendly staff will be happy to help schedule you.
New Patient Scheduling: (936) 755-4412 (option 1)
New Patients – Please have your insurance information readily available to assist our team in setting you up as quickly as possible.
Established Patient Scheduling: (936) 755-4412 (option 2)
Established Patients – Please notify us of any changes that have been made from you last visit (address, phone number, insurance, etc.)
What can I expect when arriving to my appointment?
- When you arrive to your appointment, check in with front desk personnel.
- We will ask you to review the information in our system to make sure we begin our relationship with accurate information.
- Copays are collected at your arrival.
- For your first visit, please allow up to a two hour window of time, as we like the be thorough when entrusted with your care.
- Please note: The initial evaluation is best described as an interview process to confirm both patient and physician share the same goals and discuss appropriate treatment plan options for a successful outcome. A thorough understanding of a patient’s complaint, based on medical records and evaluation, allows the physician to determine available solutions. Medication management, if appropriate, is not discussed until the second visit after labs are reviewed.
What should I take for my first visit?
To make the most of your clinic visit, please bring the following personal medical information with you to the appointment.
- Referral from your primary care physician (PCP), when required.
- Insurance information
- Insurance card
- Picture Identification
- Previous operative reports
- Actual films and reports of any previous x-rays, MRI or CT scans
- List of allergies and any medications you are taking
- Pharmacy information
- Previous medical records related to your condition